Sunday, April 28, 2013

My Heart Goes Pitter Patter

I always get a little giddy when I get to an auction and discover the cases have Antique jewelry pieces!!  This Saturday did not disappoint!
What jumps out to you in this picture?  Do you love to wear or recreate antique and vintage pieces?  Please share!!!
Peridot rhinestone hair pick, Bakelite bangle, art deco large rhinestone pin, sterling bar pin, long gold filled hat pins, two piece scabbard, richelieu red orange earrings, amber heart ring, brass thimble, faux tortoise links...
Carved bone buckle bracelet, goldfilled stick pins, two deco rhinestone brooches, reverse painted flower pin, deep red art glass (which I swear was brighter red yesterday)and crystal necklace, small goldfilled locket...
Portrait pin, rhinestone and pearl brooch, gold filled Bulova watch, tiny coral pin, garnet necklace... 
Sterling circle pin, green and red stick/hat pins, gold vermeil ruby brooch, leather coin purse, rhinestone dress clips, green glass brass brooch, silvertone flower link choker and earrings, goldstone cabochon... 
Black faceted glass earrings, green art deco art glass necklace, gold filled watch chain with heart fob, black onyx ring, gold vermeil ruby earrings (match brooch), small gold filled lingerie pin, gold filled tie clip and silver watch chain with long links and the green velvet dresser scarf...

I heard a new term this weekend...The pieces were all in glass display cases with a couple gentlemen pulling out the piece you wished to look at, I asked one of them if he could tell me what was in a black box that wasn't open...his response, 'Makeup Jewelry'.  I was a bit baffled and he pulled it out for me to look, it had a butterfly brooch, a reverse carved pin and a pair of dress clips.  I looked at him and asked 'What did you call it?' and he responded the same, the other gentleman corrected him and said 'Costume Jewelry'.  He just shrugged his shoulders, all the same to him.  

Found some new competition this weekend too, a 'new to me' couple were there bidding on the jewelry.  The man told me they sold on eBay too :(  Not sure if it's too bad for them or me, 'cause that location is always good for affordable jewelry pieces; and they'll likely encounter me again this season.

I also purchased a few more velvet dresser scarves in tie dyed watercolors, that I plan on incorporating in my photos; and a few vintage Valentines for pennies, picked up several more Valentines from the sale two weeks ago, so getting a small collection to list for next winter.

Took my two sons to this sale and I have to say they did fantastic!  Of course there was a playground nearby and Schwan's ice cream for them at the concession.  My eldest wanted me to buy him the coins and currency for sale.  I'm not an expert, so watched the gold coin sell for $450 and over 100 $2 bills sell from $5-$9 each.


I'll just settle for the few pairs of earrings and other 'crafty' baubles from this sale!  
Have a great day!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment